Monday, June 18, 2007

Shopping Fix Via Stationery

Today, I'm in no mood to drag the kids along to my favorite shopping stores. My boys were not born to shop. They are 6 and 4 and they like to run around, make faces in the mirrors, and hide in the clothes racks or under tables. Needless-to-say, I only bring them with me when desperate. However, I am in the mood to do something fun and different.

I found Design-her Gals and was blown away by how cool this site is. I am able to personalize my stationery. And by personalize, I mean truly personalize, not just by name. You get to pick out your own Gal to adorn your stationery. Here's where you can get your shopping fix - a little differently! Shopper beware - this could take as long as a normal shopping trip, depending on your decision-making capabilities.

To get you started, first click here to Design Your Gal.

Choose your gal type (don't worry you will be able to change many things about her) and you are on your way.

Next choose the eye color and shape.
Then move on to skin tone.
After that, pick out your hairstyle.
Then your hair color.
(Note: to the right, is your Gal as you complete her. And to the left is the "menu" explaining the sequence which you can click to change a specific part of your gal.)
Moving on to the shopping - you can pick an entire outfit or you can pick the top, then the pants, then the shoes and accessories (see categories to left). Now you know why this shopping "trip" is going to take some time! The accessories are a hoot and so fun. The clothes are unbelievable. There are more choices at Design-her Gals than at Barney's.

You can save up to 6 gals in your account. And you can send unlimited number of e-cards - fabulous concept.

Above is one of my finished and saved Design-her Gals. Now I just have to figure out what type of stationery to put her on. The choices, the choices...

If you are looking for gift ideas, this would make a super original for anyone - especially new moms.