Monday, June 04, 2007

Crashed but Not Burned

Crash.

A car hits you. Without blinking you quickly turn around to see if the kids are ok - oh yeah, they are with the babysitter. Whew. You sit there, shaking, playing the scene back in your mind. Even though it clearly was not your fault, your mind is racing with images and thoughts. What do I need to do? I bet the car is totaled. I think I'm fine. Look at my hands, they are trembling. I should call the police. Oh yeah, the other car, I wonder if that person is ok.

Before you check on the other driver, you quickly reach into your glove compartment and grab your handy dandy Collision Kit from See Jane Work.

As you approach the other driver, you see him getting out of his car. Turns out he is also quite shaken up and his car is totaled, but he is ok.

You may have crashed, but you will not get burned because you are prepared. Your Collision Kit includes a flash camera, a pen, and a clipboard with pre-printed forms to make sure you get all the necessary information from the driver and witness(es). There is also an envelope for your insurance card and registration so you can keep your own documents in a convenient place.