Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's All About Me

And by "me" I mean my kids.

My son received this book shortly after he was born because it was one of my husband's favorite books as a kid. Appropriately titled, My Book About Me is really a fun, cute book. Each page is filled with fill-in-the-blanks, like the height and number of teeth. There is even a bit of drawing involved when choosing a hairstyle and color. And questions to ponder, like the almighty What do I want to be when I grow up? One of the choices is millionaire. Steer your child toward that one. I'm kidding, well, sort of! Silliness is all part of the book, so you have to count many things in your house like the number of windows, the number of hot and cold faucets, and the number of buttons on your clothes. There are 72 wonderful pages for your child to fill out.

This book engages both of my kids. They can't wait to fill it out. They are down-right chomping at the bit to whip out their markers and go to it. Years down the road they will look back and smile (and probably laugh) at themselves.
Good times!