Monday, August 27, 2007

Parties Galore

Do you love throwing birthday parties but like to have fresh, new creative ideas on hand? Here are some places to check out.

I just finished planning and executing a birthday party for the "4-footer" in my household. My husband and I swore we wouldn't do another home party again. We swore we'd go off the premises no matter the cost! But when giving the almost 7 year old ideas for where we could go, he said, "I want one here again, like last year. That was so fun." I couldn't exactly say no. The chosen theme? Star Wars.

I pulled together my nifty resources from last year to start the research process. One source I have skimmed through for my kids' birthday parties is Birthday Party Ideas (appropriately named). They have tons of ideas for every traditional party you can think of from a Princess party to a Dinosaur party to a Fire truck party to a Spa party to a Space party to a Tea party... and about a hundred more in between. One great feature about this site is it shows the age the party was thrown for, for example under Curious George party it would say Curious George Party for 3 year old. They even show party ideas for Tweens and Adults.

Another source for your child's birthday party is Amazing Moms. They too have well over a hundred themes to choose from and each theme is also discussed in detail. They give ideas for decorations, games, arts & crafts, and food. Last year we did a pirate party and this year it's a Star Wars party. I have used both of these sites to get basically all of our ideas.

For last years Pirate Party and this years Star Wars party, I have used both of these sites to get basically all of our ideas.