Friday, October 20, 2006

Le Chef Tot Extraordinaire

Start them young, is what I say! I'm lucky, my husband is the cook, and a very good cook at that. He would die for an all-out gourmet kitchen. Well, who wouldn't? Even if you don't like to cook, you can still look stylish! The buyers at Pottery Barn Kids are banking on the fact you would like to give your little one the gift of an extremely nice kitchen this holiday season. It's actually painted to look like stainless steel. Which makes me think, I wonder if I can paint my appliances to look like stainless steel?

The oven burners even turn red and the dishwasher makes real sounds. One "reality" problem - if it is supposed to be stainless steel, most stainless steel dishwashers make little sound, if any. Ohhhh... that's right, this is a set for kids, not adults. Yes, you should have life-like sounds for kids. After all, it's a learning experience right? If you feel you need to justify the purchase to your husband, just tell him the kids need to start somewhere and if they grow up to be wonderful cooks, he can take the credit.