Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I Love You The Purplest


I think this book, I Love You The Purplest by Barbara Joosse, was written for me - seriously. It almost fits my family to a tee.

It's about a mom and her two boys - just like me and my boys.
One has the favorite color red and the other boys' favorite color is blue - just like my boys.
The boys are competitive in every way - who has the biggest worms, who rows the fastest, who has the biggest fish, etc. Is somebody watching my household?
The family is up at a cabin on a lake fishing. This is close to my family though I don't fish much, that's my husband's love.
About the only thing that does not resemble my family in this book is the mom wearing a dress while taking her boys fishing. You will not catch me in a dress on a fishing boat, ever.

It ends with the boys asking Mom who she loves the most. This is how the author ties in the color purple. She loves one the reddest and one the bluest for many reasons.

If you have two boys and they have a little competitive edge to them, buy this book. You will love it! Age estimation is 4 years - 8 years.