Thursday, September 25, 2008

GOOP

Gwenyth Paltrow has a new website, GOOP: nourish the inner aspect.
Sometimes I think the woman holds secret wonder powers. She does everything. So, I'm hoping she's going to let us in on what she does to obtain and keep these secret Woderwoman powers!
I like the website, but I do think it needs more substance. Maybe that is coming.

I was hoping to find some treasures and handy tips under each image. I assumed the images were for sections on the website. As it sems now, this page is simply a gateway to sign up for her newsletter. Which is fine, I just wish the website was a little more clear about it.

I just received the first newsletter today. Here is how her first newsletter starts.
"This website has been a long time in the making. I have thought about it for years and have been recording information and making notes for this very moment, when I can begin to share it all with you. This week we begin with MAKE. Cooking and food have become my main ancillary passion in life. This may strike some of you as odd, as my friend Mark Bittman of the New York Times once told me, “you have a terrible food reputation, everyone thinks you eat some dry seaweed and a little brown rice.” How did this come to be? I suppose it was my rather strict four-year foray into macrobiotics. I am no longer so restrictive with my diet, far from it. But some of the tenets of macrobiotics have stayed with me and they always will. I try to eat locally, seasonally and always organically. I don’t eat processed foods or red meat and I try to stay away from sugar and dairy but I have a major cheese weakness and, well, you only live once. "

I encourage you to sign up and try it. It might be fun to have a private eye into what goes on in Gwenyth's world!