Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pure Energy, Pure Fun!


One of my boys received this PlasmaCar by PlaSmart for his birthday. Naturally both of my boys absolutely love it and therefore fight over it. They would ride this car all day if we let them. Luckily there has been no damage to the floors (big plus), but some corners on the walls have a slightly different story.

Even though I'm in my 30's, I have to admit it is a pretty cool car (heck, adults can even hop on if they have the urge; it holds up to 220 pounds). The car runs simply by turning the steering wheel - left, right, left right. That's it! Genius really. No pedals needed. No gears needed. Just plain old fashioned kid-power. And if you turn the steering wheel all the way around you can back up (from the wall you just hit). If you are a science geek and need more explanation, it runs by inertia, centrifugal force, gravity & friction. If you are a total science geek and still want more explanation, contact PlaSmart.

Check out Amazon.com. I found them starting at only $53. There are other colors to choose from as well - blue, purple, green, yellow, and Pink. I'm not surprised this zippy little car has won many awards. Very fun!