Wednesday, July 23, 2008

fabMap (TM)

I'm driving to Northern Wisconsin this weekend for a family reunion. I think I'll be bringing along my trusy new Rand McNally fabMap™. Oh, wait that's the Manhattan map. Whoops, that won't do me a lot of good. Hmmm... maybe I'll skip the family reunion and go to Manhattan instead. Right... better not. Ok, back to earth.

I thought fabMap stood for fabulous map, but it doesn't. The map is quite impressive actually. Get this, "It’s tear-proof, wrinkle-proof, waterproof, and requires no folding." Now try and get your brain around that for a moment. You can't can you. You are thinking to yourself, how do they make a map that doesn't have to be folded? And the image stuck in your head right now is you trying to figure out how to fold a map. No, the crease goes this way. No, the crease goes that way. Crease-no-more. The fab in fabMap stands for fabric. (Ahhh, ancient Chinese secret, eh.) Genious. A map made of fabric. You can just crumple it up or you can fold it however you want to fold it. (Not how the manufacturer thinks it should be folded.) Fabric and waterproof. Does it get any better than that? For maps, I mean.

And the 2008 Best In Show Award goes to fabMap™.

Oh and the family reunion is a whole other story. Which reminds me. I'm off for the remainder of this week. Tune in next week for more fabFinds. (And I don't mean fabric finds.)