Monday, July 21, 2008

Ahead of Their Time

The Social Security Administration revealed their annual Popular Baby Names list recently.
Guess which female name is number one?
Hey... you can't look! You already clicked the link, didn't you?
If not, here's a clue. Moi.
Yes, it is Emily again. Emily has been number one since 1996. I guess my parents were ahead of their time. And let me tell you how many times, as an adult, I have been at a store and heard, "Emily, Emily come here." I used to fall for it and turn my head wondering who knew little 'ole me. Now I'm clued in and know it's a parent's voice calling their daughter.

But enough about me :)

The number one boys name? Jacob. Followed by Michael, Ethan, Joshua, Daniel.

And the following spots for the female names goes to Isabella, Emma, Ava, and Madison. I'm just going to take a wild guess here and say that Friends pushed the name Emma into the top 5!

On the other spectrum, Allyn didn't even make the list in the last 18 years! I guess Emily and Allyn is popular and unique.

I think Emily Allyn should start a Popular Baby Nicknames list. What do you think?
Well, that's easy and here it is!
1. Peanut
2. Sweet Pea
3. Monkey
4. Baby Cakes
5. Silly Goose
6. Pumpkin
7. Crabby Cakes
8. Wiggle Worm
9. Little Love
10. Girly Girl