Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Everybody Loves the Tooth Fairy

My son lost his third tooth the other day. We have a tiny silver keepsake holder lined in velvet he puts it in. The tooth fairy comes, takes the tooth, and hides money under his pillow. I won't say how much because you will judge me for either being too damn cheap or for spoiling my child too much. I think it's a cute box and found a couple like it on Amazon. I searched for tooth fairy on the internet. Let me tell you there are some pretty weird web sites out there selling crap! And get a load of this picture I found. Now that is down right freaky, and gross I might add.

Back to cute things...
This tooth fairy box is sterling silver. At $45 it makes a nice gift for your niece or nephew.

If you want something more extravagant, this tooth fairy box is also sterling silver only it's $307. What the difference is, I have no idea. Maybe the $307 one comes with teeth - dentures for the actual tooth fairy.

The book pictured above, Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions from Around the World, is a cute read with your little ones. As you can see from the title, the book explores traditions from families all over the world. That tooth fairy is one busy globe-trotter!