Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Stayin' Alive

I can't keep a plant alive to save my own life. Hence, you will not find any long-term greenery inside my house. And the outside? Well, my husband takes care of most of the outside chores, including the watering. However, I just may have found something to make it possible for me to put a little green inside my home. It is a self-watering flowerpot. How ingenious is this? The vase holds enough water for the plant to need watering only once a week! To know if your plant is getting thirsty, all you need to do is look at the base and see if the water is low. It couldn't be any easier than this, folks.

Now, I must admit the reservoir isn't exactly stunning. But if you want some greenery in your house or you have always wanted to grow some herbs, for once we'll have to put aside looks for functionality and practicality. You can always place something small in front of it! Or stick it in another, bigger pot.

Real green, I can feel the clean oxygen already!