Friday, February 02, 2007

Global Warming 101


In my humble opinion, if you don't believe global warming is a factor that will affect you or the generations to come, you are living in a dream world... again, in my humble opinion.

It is already here. It may not have a direct devastating affect in your eyes at the present moment, but it will in only a few years.

I am not a Scientist, I only play one on T.V. OK, I don't even play one on T.V. but I do read. And quite honestly I am just learning. I thought, up until recently, the jury was still out on the issue of global warming and whether it was a real factor or not. The jury is in and... Houston, we have a problem.

To educate yourself, you might want to check out the Global Warming 101 website. Will Steger is a renowned explorer who has led many expeditions in the polar regions. He is from Minnesota (I just had to throw that in there), and he has decided to dedicate the rest of his life to informing others about global warming.

If you are like I was and you are not quite convinced that global warming is actually happening, start on the FAQ page. It is an excellent place to find the answers to these questions:

When you are ready for more, read the Letter of Concern written by Will Steger. And of course read up on Mr. Steger and his credentials. I'm sure you will agree he is truly a decorated expert in the area.

Isn't it time we all start doing something... anything? Even it is educating yourself, it's a start. A smart start.